The Low Code Impact: Reduce Development Efforts by Up to 90%
Traditional software development typically requires months of research, experimentation, and coding. However, low-code software development is an entirely different creature. It typically doesn’t require much knowledge of programming language skills driving the growth of citizen developers and making rapid application development possible without having to spend a lot of time learning the ropes upfront.
Professional IT teams can get incredible value from a low-code platform with the following features:
- Alignment:Increased collaboration with business stakeholders
- Speed: The ability to adapt to change quickly and develop rapidly
- Capability:Access to new technologies with little-to-no software dev training
- Governance:Effectively scaling business-led automation
- Productivity: Develop and deploy business rules, processes, and offers more efficiently
- Innovation: Drive a digital development environment with frequent releases in agile processes
- Reusability: More flexibility in operating scaling with cloud-based or hybrid clouds
- Extensibility: App development can be seamless and consistent with an iterative agile approach
What is Low code?
- Low-code software is similar to no-code in that it also uses simple-to-understand features like drag-and-drop and visual components to help various users get going immediately. With low code, more complicated, specialized, and/or scalable projects can be started compared to using no code, given the strong development capabilities available.
- Low-code tools assist with coding and quick setup and deployment by reducing the amount of hand-coding required.
- A low-code solution could be more challenging to use at first for users without any technical expertise than a no-code one. Although it is still usable by users of any skill level, some level of training or onboarding should be anticipated.
- Low-code development platforms offer non-programmers a way to create detailed and visual specifications for applications, empowering them to work collaboratively with IT professionals to design and modify specific application operations.
Is Low-Code the Future?
Low-code development platforms can help bridge an organization’s skilled developer shortage gap. They are quicker and less expensive to customize in-house and do not require an army of programmers. It also provides the business with visible results right away.
According to Gartner, 50% of enterprises will adopt low-code by 2023 to build about 450 million apps with an investment of $21.2 billion, making it the stepping stone to innovate faster. “By 2025, 70% of new applications developed by enterprises will use low-code or no-code technologies.”
Why Use Outsystems for Low-Code Development?
OutSystems is an emerging low-code platform for rapid digital transformation. It is a platform that bridges the gap between business users and IT, streamlining work management and accelerating digital transformation. Business owners can take charge of their digital needs while IT leaders maintain a secure and scalable platform for future growth.
Users recognized OutSystems as a Customers’ Choice for the third time in Enterprise Low-code Platforms “2022 Gartner® Peer Insights™’ Voice of the Customer’: Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms.” Of more than 1,300 reviews, OutSystems received an average of 4.6 out of 5 ratings, with 92% of the users recommending it.
There are many flavors of low-code in the market today. The following are some of the major benefits of utilizing the OutSystems low-code development platform:
Quicker Time to Market
Creating an enterprise solutions is a time-consuming and dynamic process. Low-code platforms, on the other hand, considerably shorten the production time. In addition to providing high-productivity visual development, OutSystems delivers powerful application deployment and management tools.
Using the OutSystems platform, business users may easily grant access to their software. Users can keep tabs on who has access to the program at both the macro and micro levels. The application developer may identify users as administrators, co-owners, or end users.
Traditional software development is challenging, time-consuming, and expensive. On the other hand, low-code platforms enable the creation of more apps in less time at a lower cost. Easy to use, very simple and fast to deploy, it is a great tool based on the costs and value to the business.
A low-code platform enables a smooth interface with many default APIs provided by OutSystems, accelerating the creation of apps and facilitating new feature upgrades to their functions.
A low-code platform develops applications for on-premises, cloud, or hybrid deployments. Applications will be deployed without errors, whether in the cloud or on-premises.
Visual Modeling Tools
Developing apps using visual approaches and templates takes less time than using code. The OutSystems platform, equipped with visual modeling features, uses built-in modules to reflect the details in a way everyone can easily understand.
Drag-and-drop functionality is available on a low-code platform. Using the OutSystems platform, you can drag and drop components. It is one of the most valuable and critical functions in facilitating production.
Scalability is essential for low-code systems. OutSystems provides greater scalability to apps, making them more capable of handling increased complexity and data volume. Enterprise applications must be designed to accommodate growth in users as it expands. Additionally, OutSystems allows app developers to scale their applications regardless of the number of users they have.
With OutSystems, you can integrate your apps into any system with ease.
Great User Experience
With the OutSystems platform, developers can create responsive web apps and engaging native mobile experiences. This allows them to easily deliver on customer expectations while maintaining a high level of quality in their products. Real-time performance dashboards further ensure an excellent User Interface.
Easy Extension of Apps
OutSystems lets you create your own backend and front-end code for your apps, making development more accessible than ever. This feature allows you more control over how your app looks and behaves. This makes it easier to customize and scale the software, which can be beneficial in terms of flexibility and scalability.
Before using a low-code development framework, it is essential to ensure that it has the appropriate security measures to protect both the applications you’re creating and the platform. OutSystems provides the latest security features to ensure the safety of your apps during all phases – from design to deployment.